Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I might be moving to Melbourne!

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Update:

Melbourne office just sent the application along with all the requirements I provided along with the documents our office provided to the Australian Border and immigration. Now the real wait for the visa begins. Im not sure how long, it should take a week since their target date is July 31, so I hope I'll receive it within a few days to a week and be gone by 27th. Its happening so fast, I can barely keep up. and I'm still doing a few projects now here in the Philippine office.
    Great!!!!!!

They are requesting me and my wife to undergo a medical examination. Im expecting this, as it is really needed in my 457 visa. though right now, Im not really sure if I will push through with July 31. maybe early august will be the most probable time I'll be in Melbourne.

Well you have 2 weeks to hit the target deadline...

They are requesting me and my wife to undergo a medical examination. Im expecting this, as it is really needed in my 457 visa. though right now, Im not really sure if I will push through with July 31. maybe early august will be the most probable time I'll be in Melbourne.
    The medical requirement is pretty standard & makes sense--you're not going there to die or be a burden on their medical system-that sort of thing.

Hope that part goes well.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

have you scheduled the exam yet?

Well, I have 28 days to respond to the immigration, and my company is flexible enough to not meet the July 31.

The thing is, I have scheduled the medical exam and but have one slight delay. We cannot proceed if my wife is on her menstrual period and we have to wait it out before she can take it, and yesterday was her first day. so we were advised to come back after her menstruation period. I already notified the Melbourne office and I think they will notify the immigration. but anyway, its clearly writted that I have 28 days to respond, so it'll only take a few days and 'll be able to submit my medical requirement.

I also found out that Australia is pretty much reliant on credit rating just like the US. so in order for me to have a loan, I must have a credit rating. Im not sure if having a credit card in the Philippines will do much, but I cut my credit a very long time ago as I want to pay everything cash so that Im not going to be in any debt. but I guess I have to get one or two in my name again so that I can show it to Australia and have instant credit rating just in case I need a loan for a house or a car.

Well, I have 28 days to respond to the immigration, and my company is flexible enough to not meet the July 31.

The thing is, I have scheduled the medical exam and but have one slight delay. We cannot proceed if my wife is on her menstrual period and we have to wait it out before she can take it, and yesterday was her first day. so we were advised to come back after her menstruation period. I already notified the Melbourne office and I think they will notify the immigration. but anyway, its clearly writted that I have 28 days to respond, so it'll only take a few days and 'll be able to submit my medical requirement.

I also found out that Australia is pretty much reliant on credit rating just like the US. so in order for me to have a loan, I must have a credit rating. Im not sure if having a credit card in the Philippines will do much, but I cut my credit a very long time ago as I want to pay everything cash so that Im not going to be in any debt. but I guess I have to get one or two in my name again so that I can show it to Australia and have instant credit rating just in case I need a loan for a house or a car.
    I know other people who moved to a different country for work and they had a bunch of stuff as well--medical stuff, financial stuff--sometimes language stuff.
    In another case someone I know wanted to be become a landed immigrant in Canada--but had to take a test to see how proficient he is in English--he's from the US, spoken English all his life...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'd have to think that the company can advise with the matters of credit history. Many people have done what you are doing and I am sure they don't all pay cash for everything.

You'd be surprised.
    But you may be able to use a credit card from another country as well.

That reminds me, I am going to Canada for a few days- I had better tell my credit card company!