Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket

I left Photobucket and all the things I have in there a couple of months ago. I couldnt sign in, and if I ever do, the website is all messed up, and I cant even access my photo. I do all my hot-linking from Flickr now.

As I said I am very distrustful of content that is housed online/ elsewhere. Although I do like streaming movies because the variety is always changing, I am not in favour of letting companies store my music, photos or other files. These I all store locally...

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    As I said I am very distrustful of content that is housed online/ elsewhere. Although I do like streaming movies because the variety is always changing, I am not in favour of letting companies store my music, photos or other files. These I all store locally...
    As I mentioned in another thread--another issue of storing all your stuff online--in addition to security--is access--want to listen to a song? View pictures? Read a document, etc?
    But the Wifi is down?
    You can't.
    Sure if the power is out I can't listen to a recording no matter how I have it stored, but if it is just the wifi/internet that is out--not the power--If I have my local copy--I can enjoy it.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah, what would we do if we lost internet for an indefinite period of time?

Yeah, what would we do if we lost internet for an indefinite period of time?
    watch TV the old fashioned way?
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Forget about TV- I mean everything else that would go down... If you kept all your files in the net, you'd be hosed.

One of my friends has a computer that he purposely keeps off the internet and he transfers files from that unit to his internet machine

Forget about TV- I mean everything else that would go down... If you kept all your files in the net, you'd be hosed.

One of my friends has a computer that he purposely keeps off the internet and he transfers files from that unit to his internet machine
    Again, a bit of a joke--watching TV the old fashioned way--rabbit ears and stuff, no streaming/digital/online/etc. TV, etc...

(Oh that reminds me--have to go put my Mandobird away before I go to bed--was playing it this evening.
    Even though the internet was working. (I actually used it for the chords to a couple of songs to see if I could play them on a mandolin.)

For the past few years I have been putting all the band's sheet music into Finale- I can only imagine the calamity if I was unable to access these files- over a thousand in number.

Hmm, I can still access my Photobucket--this is weird...

When I did an image search a couple of hours ago, I had almost a dozen items that came up as originating in Photobucket, and they wouldn't enlarge to full screen.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."