Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Effects: Likes and dislikes

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Indeed- once we were on a job and we forgot the mute bag so my son quickly grabbed a styrofoam cup from someone and used that as a wah wah
    Ironically... The wah pedal was designed to try and emulate a mute

But can you play Shaft on the Boss?
    Never tried--but perhaps with the proper setting of the dials & the right strumming you could.

But that's not why I got one.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Mreilander View Post
    Ironically... The wah pedal was designed to try and emulate a mute
    I never thought about that, so I guess that's why it is called a wah wah

Delay can be a big difference maker in your sound--a delay or echo pedal or rackmount device that can give you very short delays can give you a slightly doubled effect --and a long delay can almost work as a looper--and of course all sorts of stuff in between.
    I tend to use it sparingly though or subtly as otherwise it sounds like I am doing a poor imitation of Brian May.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Delay can be neat but it can get way out of hand very quickly

Delay can be neat but it can get way out of hand very quickly
    Well that's why I mentioned the Poor imitation of Brian May thing.

Of course if you work out a way to get something different out of one--cool...

What I like to do with delay or echo is have one with stereo outputs--then go to two different amps--and on one it goes straight to the amp & teh other goes into effects before that amp.

A clean tone with a distorted echo is quite cool.

Nifty............

I do use other effects, as mentioned and one is Chorus.
    While there are some crazy Chorus pedals out there & they can be fun to try, I prefer a subtle chorus for my own playing.
    I have a Danelectro chorus pedal I got used for next to nothing. (I paid almost as much for the 6" cable I bought to hook it up with my other pedals as I did for the pedal)
    I have Chorus in one of my amps--but I also like to use it with other amps and with bass.
    Chorus sounds great with fretless bass--it gives it more body and brings out a nice sound.

I may just look for demos/reviews of the pedals I own & post them--give you abetter idea of what they can sound like...
    So since I just mentioned my chorus, here are a couple for the Danelectro Fab Chorus.
    (& that $15 price was 5 years ago-and US $--but I paid less than that in Cdn$)

Anybody here us an EQ pedal?
    I've had people ask why I need one--just use the controls on the amp & guitar or the board.

Well you can set your sound without it--yes--then set a different sound & use it as a boost or to give a new sound for one section of a song where you can't easily change stuff while playing--but you can tap you foot.

You don't even need a fancy one--just a simple one will do
    While it may not hold up to touring, I don't tour or gig--so a Danelectrco Fish N Chips EQ I got used for $10 is just the ticket.