Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne!

2 x 12 might or might not be necessary. I play a 1x12 myself. 2x12's sound nice but there is a good bit of added weight. I also have space concerns transporting to gigs that you guys might not have.

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    Well buying something that you are simply settling for is normally not a good thing

But you do also have to consider price, availability to buy, & when you need it
    Especially if your standards are too high

Still don't buy it for the sake of buying it
    Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    The Vox AC30's a great amp....but heavy! (It's actually heavier than a Twin Reverb!)
    Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    If the eight is okay for you -- then great
    But I am at a point where I don't want an amp over 30 pounds & closer to 20 is better

So the crosses many amps off my list

But if it's not too heavy for you
    Go for it
    Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    2 x 12 might or might not be necessary. I play a 1x12 myself. 2x12's sound nice but there is a good bit of added weight. I also have space concerns transporting to gigs that you guys might not have.

Thank you for all your input! Yea, I think I dont want to buy just for the sake of buying it. I want to buy something I want and will use for a long time and not to sell off and upgrade to a better one. I think thats a waste of resources and time.

Yea, I figured weight issues as well. I tried out the AC10 today. Really thin sounding. Compared to the Princeton Reverb. Totally different but in my head and ears the Princeton Reverb sounded amazing. I didnt try the AC15 because they dont have it in stock.

So I just bought a nice dslr camera to document everything. I didnt go overboard because it's not something I want to spend on, and I love rangefinders more than DSLR's.

I bought a Nikon D3400 also for the HD Videos that my wife and I will be doing to let other people see Melbourne and our experiences.

To test the camera, I took quick shots of the neck that arrived today. Thankfully.

This neck is so fat, I love it. Its fat fat fat fat fat. AND VERY HEAVY! I never held a neck this heavy! My guitar might neck dive due to this.

The owner fitted this neck with camel bone nut. Not sure what that will do to the tone or playability. As long as it's bone. Im good.

It will go to the guitar tech on Sunday. I might probably get it after christmas just before the new year. Im actually excited!

Congrats that the new neck is in!

Yeah, that neck's really pretty, and I think it'll suit your burst Tele a lot better than the maple that's on it right now. I'm not a fan of the way maple feels to play, and I also think more recent maple Fender necks look pale and anemic. The rosewood will definitely class it up.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I prefer rosewood over maple for the way it feels as well
    But have had people tell me that's absurd
    Oh well

& Blues- enjoy the camera
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

In the works! He'll be able to set it up and finish everything before the year ends!

I like him. He doesnt force people to do more than what I asked him to do. I just wanted a professional set up with the neck fitting. He says, I can always come back if I want to level the frets and everything. But he will do what he can to improve the playability.

Cool
    A guitar tech who listens to what you want & works with you is a very good thing
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Although it might be worth it to ask him what it would cost to levek the frets- it would make it better playing

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Although it might be worth it to ask him what it would cost to levek the frets- it would make it better playing
    Itís $100 aud more. The frets were pretty good upon inspection. Its clean and shiny, and the neck seem to be very straight.

Hopefully it wont require any levelling to make it playable as Im not desiring very low action.