Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne!

Im a happy customer. It's organic, and food grade. I just hope it doesnt go rancid overtime. We'll see. I love how it conditioned the rosewood and turned it into a very dark rosewood neck, which I really like. I was hoping that the streaks would come out as it's a really cool look as it runs horizontally on the fretboard and makes a nice pattern with the strings on, but yeah, its okay. GAS cured.

But I'm really on the look out for a nice amp. found a nice Peavey Delta Blues, but its out of my price range, hoping i can bring it down.

Have you played a Delta Blues? Not a bad choice but there are other good choices out there in that wattage category

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Have you played a Delta Blues? Not a bad choice but there are other good choices out there in that wattage category
    Nope. I figured it would sound like the classic 30 though, is it not?

but yeah, it just come up and a good price for a 50w tube though. but just out of my price range. there are however AC30's selling for a little bit more.

If I'm not mistaken the Delta Blues has a 15" speaker so it could sound quite different. Also I'd think it would be considerably larger than the Classic 30. If you were closer to me I'd sell you my Classic 30- I never use it anymore

If I'm not mistaken the Delta Blues has a 15" speaker so it could sound quite different. Also I'd think it would be considerably larger than the Classic 30. If you were closer to me I'd sell you my Classic 30- I never use it anymore
    That'll be awesome and I wish I did live close to you. LOL

I only have a few guitar playing friends here, due to not being "IN" the church band yet. I figured when I get officially introduced to the church band, my guitar playing friends will exponentially grow and gear options will open up, with "mates rates" pricing. hahaha

Yeah I'd think so too about the church band.

In my case I probably have at least 4 amps that I never play and don't really need. I acquired them because I was on a collecting binge and it was fun playing them at home.

But as time went on I was playing out more and more and those vintage amps got played less and less. Now some of them never even get turned on and it is a matter of time before they get sold off.

But back to the Classic 30- although this is hardly a high end amp, with the right setup it can sound very good. It is really loud too considering its size. I've been using mine as a cab with the pignose G40V plugged in as a head amp.

And BTW if you want a budget loud and small amp, see if you can find one of those Pignoses. A friend of mine designed the amp and he has several NOS ones that are sitting in bubble wrap. If it wasn't for import duties and crazy shipping charges, I'd also suggest this as a good starter tube amp. It's low end is pretty poor compared to my Dr. Z but my Dr. Z cost 20 times more. But for the price it is a decent emergency backup amp for me and would be a reasonable amp for you to throw in the car for just about anything. Small, cheap and loud.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    That'll be awesome and I wish I did live close to you. LOL

I only have a few guitar playing friends here, due to not being "IN" the church band yet. I figured when I get officially introduced to the church band, my guitar playing friends will exponentially grow and gear options will open up, with "mates rates" pricing. hahaha
    Always nice to have friends to talk gear with
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah I'd think so too about the church band.

In my case I probably have at least 4 amps that I never play and don't really need. I acquired them because I was on a collecting binge and it was fun playing them at home.

But as time went on I was playing out more and more and those vintage amps got played less and less. Now some of them never even get turned on and it is a matter of time before they get sold off.

But back to the Classic 30- although this is hardly a high end amp, with the right setup it can sound very good. It is really loud too considering its size. I've been using mine as a cab with the pignose G40V plugged in as a head amp.

And BTW if you want a budget loud and small amp, see if you can find one of those Pignoses. A friend of mine designed the amp and he has several NOS ones that are sitting in bubble wrap. If it wasn't for import duties and crazy shipping charges, I'd also suggest this as a good starter tube amp. It's low end is pretty poor compared to my Dr. Z but my Dr. Z cost 20 times more. But for the price it is a decent emergency backup amp for me and would be a reasonable amp for you to throw in the car for just about anything. Small, cheap and loud.
    How much are we talking about here? GST's (import tax) will kick in only if the price of the item is greater than 1000aud. but yeah, the shipping cost will kill me though

I have no idea about import but you'd pay more in shipping than the thing was worth

I have no idea about import but you'd pay more in shipping than the thing was worth
    Are we talking about the 5 watt pignoses? there's a few for sale here for like 140ish aud.

https://www.seltaebmusic.com/shop/pi...SABEgKNuPD_BwE

Looking at that website, came across this, sounded good though

https://www.seltaebmusic.com/shop/jazz-guitar