Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne!

No, the g40V is 40 watts with 2x 6L6 power tubes- completely different amp. Don't mistake what I am saying however, I generally would not recommend Pignose amps, but the G40V is pretty gutsy for its small size. At 40 watts it is probably more power than you'd ever need.

Be careful on the really cheap archtops. Archtops are fairly expensive to make and one that costs the same as a run of the mill Squier would make me very wary.

So, an update,

I dont have that much money for an amp, but I need one that is good, loud and clean. I lost out on nice Epi Valve Jr with a cab for 280aud, since it was picked up right away, and I wanted that kind of deal, only with a bit more headroom and can be gigged without any complications and worrying about the tubes and maintenance for now.

A Vox AD50 VT just came up in the classifieds for 200aud, I offered 160aud and he accepted. I like what I heard from youtube videos, and tomorrow I'll do a quick lunch run, test with his guitars and pick it up. I think at 160 for an amp that can sound good with a bit of tweaking can work for me, Ive been using amps that are crappy and this is pretty okay for me. how much is that in usd? 130usd for an ad50vt? and I wont be worrying too much bringing it to church even riding the public transpo with it.

Don't worry what the value is in US dollars
    You live in Australia
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah I couldn't comment on what local prices there are like compared to here

so, A real update in my life in Melbourne,

We just got import permit for my dog, from US to AU. My dog passed one of the hardest test which is blood titer test which enables them to check if he has rabies in his blood. Good thing he passed it. It basically determines the time he will spend in US. if he failed that, I will have to get him vaccinated again, wait for some time, and undergo blood testing again, which is not only time consuming, but also expensive. Im paying all these in AU dollars and the exchange rate isnt that good, but at least im not paying philippine peso, otherwise I'll be so poor.

Thank goodness the dog will join you!

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Thank goodness the dog will join you!
    yes! My family will now be complete! I figured the dog will keep me busy and will get us to stay indoors and save money because we're not going out as much. LOL. but the thing is dogs are pretty much allowed everywhere except in food markets. LOL aussies love their dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    yes! My family will now be complete! I figured the dog will keep me busy and will get us to stay indoors and save money because we're not going out as much. LOL. but the thing is dogs are pretty much allowed everywhere except in food markets. LOL aussies love their dogs.
    How old is the dog?

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    How old is the dog?
    my beagle is 1yr old and 6 months to date. His birthday is on March, and he would still be in the US. When he comes here, we're gonna throw him a party, which basically involves bringing him to a dog park where he can run and play all he wants and we hoomans and our friends just chill under the trees. LOL

ah he's still quite young!