Page 329 of 399 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 3984

Thread: Random Thoughts

I've been seeing an Hyundai commercial on TV where they boast about their strong steel unit body and show several complete cars stacked on the roof of a stripped Hyundai. I wonder if it's for real, or if the body on the bottom has been heavily reinforced, as Volvo did in their similar commercial about a decade ago.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I've been seeing an Hyundai commercial on TV where they boast about their strong steel unit body and show several complete cars stacked on the roof of a stripped Hyundai. I wonder if it's for real, or if the body on the bottom has been heavily reinforced, as Volvo did in their similar commercial about a decade ago.
    Maybe--but remember Volvo--they're boxy but they're good.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Remember when you could get a Volvo with a manual transmission?

Never liked Volvos.....Difficult to work on, expensive to repair, and paint oxidation worse than just about any other breed. And, as I mentioned, they always touted safety, and ran ads showing several cars stacked. It came out later that they'd specially reinforced the car on the bottom so it didn't turn into a pancake.

I have never owned a Volvo myself. And now they are very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Remember when you could get a Volvo with a manual transmission?
    First manual transmission vehicle I drove was a Volvo with a sticky clutch.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Bad day for me with technology. I've had repeated problems with my Shaw email account. The system locks me out, I end up spending most of an hour on the phone with them, and eventually I get a new password, which I write down, make an email copy to store in my Drafts file, create a Words copy to store in Documents, and physically write down in my address book, each one dated. Then, a few weeks go by, and all of a sudden, the Shaw system won't let me in. This just happened this morning again....Finally got a new password, it worked twice, and now I'm locked out of my email account again. This is beginning to feel personal, and I'm starting to resist the urge to go postal (). I haven't got the energy to through this again tonight.....

The Tech is out to get you spell...

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Bad day for me with technology. I've had repeated problems with my Shaw email account. The system locks me out, I end up spending most of an hour on the phone with them, and eventually I get a new password, which I write down, make an email copy to store in my Drafts file, create a Words copy to store in Documents, and physically write down in my address book, each one dated. Then, a few weeks go by, and all of a sudden, the Shaw system won't let me in. This just happened this morning again....Finally got a new password, it worked twice, and now I'm locked out of my email account again. This is beginning to feel personal, and I'm starting to resist the urge to go postal (). I haven't got the energy to through this again tonight.....
    Why not just open a gmail or hotmail account?

Well, now I know where to find your passwords...
    I bought a relic'd guitar because I liked the way it sounded. Then I refinished it because I didn't like the way it looked.