Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Falling back--Nov 5 (DST to ST)

It makes no sense & there studies that show negative health impacts on both time changes, but especially in the spring
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Well we've put this one past us so we're okay for another 6 months or so

True
    But there is time to change it before then
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I'll leave that to the politicians to figure that out

They won't do it without reason

I don't see it changing but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by zontar View Post
    They won't do it without reason
    It would seem that the whole idea of time-shifting is open to discussion. I've heard several people speak on this subject recently, and a couple of things have come to light......

People actually lose 1 IQ point when they lose an hour's sleep, either from shifting to DST and missing an hour's rest, or by disregarding the clock and staying up late when we shift to Standard Time and missing an hour's sleep. If we persist in the behavior, the IQ loss is cumulative. A person may lose as much as 15 IQ points over the first weeks of the changed time before circadian rhythms normalize.

There's a financial impact when the time changes. Erratic changes in the stock market are common as traders personally deal with the effects of the time change.

Everybody's been hearing for years about how motor vehicle accidents increase after the time change, but the IQ thing and convoluted stock market reactions are comparatively new information. The handwriting's on the wall....It's time to do away with this time change BS.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    It would seem that the whole idea of time-shifting is open to discussion. I've heard several people speak on this subject recently, and a couple of things have come to light......

People actually lose 1 IQ point when they lose an hour's sleep, either from shifting to DST and missing an hour's rest, or by disregarding the clock and staying up late when we shift to Standard Time and missing an hour's sleep. If we persist in the behavior, the IQ loss is cumulative. A person may lose as much as 15 IQ points over the first weeks of the changed time before circadian rhythms normalize.

There's a financial impact when the time changes. Erratic changes in the stock market are common as traders personally deal with the effects of the time change.

Everybody's been hearing for years about how motor vehicle accidents increase after the time change, but the IQ thing and convoluted stock market reactions are comparatively new information. The handwriting's on the wall....It's time to do away with this time change BS.
    Amen.....
    (Which means I agree)

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post

I honestly must say I simply don't have a strong opinion on the matter but if we did away with DST, would one settle on standards time or daylight time? Or something in between, as previously suggested?

I'd be fine with either
    As long as we stopped switching