Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA: Falling back--Nov 5 (DST to ST)

PSA: Falling back--Nov 5 (DST to ST)

Ooh, was going to mention this for most, if no all, of us--Nov 5--back to standard time from Daylight Savings Time
    Although I like the extra hour, I hate losing an hour in the Spring.

So just a reminder.
    Most computers & phones will change on heir own--other clocks might not...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I like the change back to standard time better than losing an hour of sleep in the spring. But honestly, isn't this a concept that's overstayed it's welcome. The idea of an extra hour for the farmers at the expense of the rest of us just don't track any more.

I heard on TV news a couple of days ago that BC's going to spend some of our hard-earned tax dollars on a study to consider abolishing the change in times each year. The only thing that's bugging me is that they'll also be considering whether it should be standard or daylight savings time. I'd have thought standard time would be a foregone conclusion......
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    I like the change back to standard time better than losing an hour of sleep in the spring. But honestly, isn't this a concept that's overstayed it's welcome. The idea of an extra hour for the farmers at the expense of the rest of us just don't track any more.

I heard on TV news a couple of days ago that BC's going to spend some of our hard-earned tax dollars on a study to consider abolishing the change in times each year. The only thing that's bugging me is that they'll also be considering whether it should be standard or daylight savings time. I'd have thought standard time would be a foregone conclusion......
    I'm fine with either--pick one & stay with it--I wish the whole country would dump it--and he rest of the world who changes as well.
    That hour loss in the spring sucks big time.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I remember a time...I think it would have been in the early or mid-60's when the US, as an energy conservation ploy, stayed on daylight savings time through one winter. I'm not sure what other social or financial impacts it had, but I remember it playing hell with TV time schedules. I'd like to see other areas in the same geographical areas standardizing on the same time zone we observe in this province.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

With all the streaming options & number of people who use them, this isn't as big an issue--especially with PVR/DVR options
    Of course those things don't help everybody.

I must admit I don't mind DST. I kind of like that it is still not dark at 9:00 at the solstice- up where you guys are it must be late much longer

You mean the sun sets sooner?
    Sucks as a kid going to bed when it is still light outside

& as I mentioned
    I would like to not switch but am ok with either standard or daylight saving
    Just pick one & stick with it

well we stick with it for around 6 months!

At this point
    But it should be changed

Like I said It really doesn't bother me. I know more people are getting up in arms about it lately