Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsatisfied with postal tracking numbers

That said it is a heck of a lot better than it used to be!

While we were locked out here, I did some forum cruising and noticed that a couple of days after I started this thread, a similar thing popped up on TDPRI. A lot of the same sentiments were posted, so this obviously isn't an uncommon problem.

I checked my tracking number on the guitar products this morning and found that the tracking information hasn't updated since November 27th. I also still don't have an email updates.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Christmas season started early?

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    While we were locked out here, I did some forum cruising and noticed that a couple of days after I started this thread, a similar thing popped up on TDPRI. A lot of the same sentiments were posted, so this obviously isn't an uncommon problem.

I checked my tracking number on the guitar products this morning and found that the tracking information hasn't updated since November 27th. I also still don't have an email updates.
    the absolute worst are the "tracking" numbers when you buy something off EBAY from China. Totally useless.

That's for sure. All you see is the couple stop's in China then your package disappears into the Twilight zone.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    That's for sure. All you see is the couple stop's in China then your package disappears into the Twilight zone.
    and around 50% of the time it actually arrives

I see a difference though, depending on which nation's postal system issues the number. When the item originates in the US and the postal tracking number is from USPS, my expectations are a lot higher than they are for an item and tracking number issued in the Orient. For the record, the only eBay items I've ever had lost in shipping were from China and Thailand. The only item I've ever lost that was shipped from the US was from an herbal company that doesn't issue tracking numbers.

By the way, I still don't have any news on my guitar parts shipment.....The latest information, an hour ago, says that my shipment is enroute as of November 27th, and I still haven't had any of the email updates that I've registered for three times.

Yes, the US postal system is definitely better than what I see coming out of China. I never could work out if the Chinese post loses things at a very high rate or if the EBAY seller is a scammer

Well, the package that I've had so much trouble getting tracking data for arrived in today's mail. Just for fun, I just checked the tracking, and got the same message as the last few days...."The item is currently in transit to the destination as of November 27, 2017 at 9:43 am." Nice that they're on top of things, lol....

Last year the tracking numbers really backfired on Amazon with me. On a day we were away and had the mail stopped, the post office was scheduled to deliver something. I got am e-mail that Amazon had delivered the package but when I got back home the package was not there so I complained to Amazon, who sent a replacement item.

2 days later the package arrives twice- the postman must have scanned the item and realized we had a mail stop so it was put back in the truck.