Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsatisfied with postal tracking numbers

Unsatisfied with postal tracking numbers

Anybody else having issues with postal tracking numbers?

I've always been a staunch defender of US postal service, but right now I'm having second thoughts. Every item I get a tracking number for seems to be slow, and information on the package's progress is extremely vague. All I can get is a cryptic " Your parcel is on it's way to it's destination", which tells me nothing.

As near as I can tell, my latest parcel of guitar parts left Wisconsin 2 1/2 weeks ago, spent a week at a postal center in St. Paul, Minnesota, and still hasn't reached the Canadian border. I've registered for email updates, which normally give me a day-by-day accounting of where the parcel is, but now I'm getting nothing.

USPS is beginning to suck.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I hear you bud. 90% of every bad experience I have had with ordering stuff online I could point my finger at the postal service. They suck at there job. You can't track your package worth a dam. They will drop your package in plain view on your doorstep just asking to get stolen. They never leave notices telling me that my package has been sitting in the post office until the two week pickup time has expired & the idiots send what I had delivered all the way back to France, Japan, ect. I hate the postal service so bad I will be purchasing on line only when I cant source it locally. There system is totally busted.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Well, I thought PH system is bad.

I have yet to try the AU post on anything I buy online.

But being in this forum, is this mostly guitar stuff or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Well, I thought PH system is bad.

I have yet to try the AU post on anything I buy online.

But being in this forum, is this mostly guitar stuff or anything?
    In my case, some of it's guitar parts, but I also purchase a lot of herbal supplements, and other personal items such as CD's on eBay. I could understand things slowing down a bit if we were at the height of the Christmas rush, but it's not. It burns my butt that the only thing USPS has told me about my latest guitar parts shipment is that it sat and grew roots for a full week at the St. Paul, Minnesota postal station. It's bad enough that they ship stuff back and forth in ways that mean it's often traveling in the wrong direction, but when parcels sit dormant in one location for a week, it's disgusting.

I'm teed off to a point that I may start buying everything in Canada so I don't have to deal with USPS.

Canada Post is worst than USPS bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    Canada Post is worst than USPS bud.
    True, but at least if the shipment originates in Canada, courier delivery is an alternative. If you get courier service from the US, you get bent over on brokerage charges. I recently paid 63.00 for 20.00 worth of herbs from the US because they shipped by DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    True, but at least if the shipment originates in Canada, courier delivery is an alternative. If you get courier service from the US, you get bent over on brokerage charges. I recently paid 63.00 for 20.00 worth of herbs from the US because they shipped by DHL.
    That's true I recently bought a pickguard from Warmoth for $25 only to fork out $75 by the time the brokerage fees were paid.

Yeah brokerage fees can suck
    But USPS is the cheapest way to go if you are bringing up something from the U.S.
    I have rarely had stuff shipped from the U.S.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

It isn't just the Post Offices that are bad- sometimes even the private shippers' tracking is not good. Yesterday I got a ship notification for something 6 hours after it arrived at my house.

Very true. The whole system is broken.