Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep habits

Sleep habits

I thought it would be fun to do some comparisons about our sleep habits.

I tend to start preparing for bed just after 9:00PM, and generally fall asleep after about 20 minutes. Lately I've started taking higher dosages of medication that make it tougher to drop off, so I've been taking sleep meds when I need them. I generally zone out for four to six hours and normally wake up without a clock.

The last few nights, the Trazadone I've used at bedtime makes me sleep too deeply, in one position all night so I'm stiff, and leaves me with a groggy, not-quite-stuperous persona that struggles for a couple of hours.

The best favour I ever did to improve my sleep is started taking 200mg/day of pygeum (The first time in years that I've been able get through a night with no up-to-pee urges to interrupt sleep. For anybody interested, pygeum africanum is an herb extracted from the bark of an african cherry tree. It completely eliminates the symptoms of BHP....benign prostatic hyperplasia....so, frequent night-time bathroom trips, frequent daytime trips that never leave you feeling like you emptied your holding tank, and the fear of sudden five-alarm bathroom emergencies that put you on a short leash to bathrooms......All these symptoms profoundly improve as the pygeum shrinks the lining of the prostate so it doesn't enlarge and pinch off the flow from the kidneys to the urethra. If you suffer from any of this, do yourself a favour and try it. You''ll definitely get more undisturbed time in bed.

So, what about you guys? Are you early-to-bed/early-to-rise types or are you creatures of the night?
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Unless I have time I need to be somewhere I get up around whenever
    After going to bed whenever

If I am tired & don't have anything I need to do
    I go to bed

I have tried to have a consistent bed time & wake up time, even with a regular work time
    It never takes
    I am a night owl more than a morning person
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I generally go to bed between 23.oo-23.30 and I generally fall right asleep. I generally up right at 7.00 so it is a pretty good and predictable schedule

It's so hard to sleep when the daylight savings kicked in. 8pm feels like 5pm. I sleep late nowadays, around 12-1am and wake up at 730. (my office is just three blocks away and 15mins on bike in a leisurely pace).

But I also took on another engineering design job from my dad as an extra income which I work on at home. I used to be browsing social media sites til 12-1am, but now Im at least being productive and work until 1, then Im too tired to do anything but sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    It's so hard to sleep when the daylight savings kicked in. 8pm feels like 5pm. I sleep late nowadays, around 12-1am and wake up at 730. (my office is just three blocks away and 15mins on bike in a leisurely pace).

But I also took on another engineering design job from my dad as an extra income which I work on at home. I used to be browsing social media sites til 12-1am, but now Im at least being productive and work until 1, then Im too tired to do anything but sleep.
    I had more trouble with that as a kid than as an adult--but yeah--it can be tricky--maybe that's part of what messes up my sleep patterns
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Man I had bizarre and unconnected dreams last night- senseless stuff

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Man I had bizarre and unconnected dreams last night- senseless stuff
    Do any of you remember half of your dreams?

I remember some of them- it really depends

I wake up sometimes going what the heck was that. I have always found it funny how when Im dreaming the film in my mind will combine people that I have met through out 40 plus years with no association with eachother all seem to get together in my mind
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

That is no surprise when I dream all kinds of unconnected things are all mixed up together