Thread: Rip Simon (our cat)

Rip Simon (our cat)

So today at work I get a message from my mom informing me that our little princess Simon had to be put down today. We found her 3-4 years ago roaming the farm covered those prickly things that grow in bushes . She was filthy vary sad looking . For some reason she kept following my dad like she was dazed and confused . So my sister being an animal lover ran out and grabbed her claiming it was male later to be told Simon was not a male but female. We washed her off cut the burrs out of her fur and we noticed she was just skin and bone nothing to her . After a few days we notice she had a cold and vary week . She could barely walk and then would sneeze and fall to the ground . She eventually got her strength back but never wanted to leave the house she was so frightened of what ever was on the farm . She would jump if she was to see her shadow . She didnít like getting close to people beside me and dad . I was over visiting the momís place the other week and went looking for Simon she really was a stunned cat ,looking on into the empty space almost as to be in her own little world . She would swat at nothing and sometimes hiss at her shadow . Like I said an odd duck but wouldnít hurt a fly . I donít think she would of known how . Mom said she had a hard time breathing and the vet said she was only able to use 10% of her lung usage . Well here are some pictures of the little princess over the years . From oldest to newest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared, I'm really sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I'm a cat lover too, and lost my best friend after 17 years. She looked eerily like your Simon, was abused as a young cat, and when my wife brought her home, I was the one she bonded with. It's tragic that there comes a time when the greatest act of kindness you can give is to let go when they are suffering.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Quote Originally Posted by spellcaster View Post
    Jared, I'm really sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I'm a cat lover too, and lost my best friend after 17 years. She looked eerily like your Simon, was abused as a young cat, and when my wife brought her home, I was the one she bonded with. It's tragic that there comes a time when the greatest act of kindness you can give is to let go when they are suffering.
    thanks

Sorry to hear this!

I dont have a cat, but I have a beagle. He is still in LA, doing his final tests and on May 20, assuming everything went well, he will fly over here and enjoy the rest of his life running and chasing birds in the parks of Melbourne. I miss him and I cant look at pet videos or dog videos because it breaks my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    Sorry to hear this!

I dont have a cat, but I have a beagle. He is still in LA, doing his final tests and on May 20, assuming everything went well, he will fly over here and enjoy the rest of his life running and chasing birds in the parks of Melbourne. I miss him and I cant look at pet videos or dog videos because it breaks my heart..
    Hope beagles test go well . Iíd of lost it if I had to deal with that