Thread: The Case for Having a Hobby

The Case for Having a Hobby

The Case for Having a Hobby

Interesting article.

Guess what my hobby is...

And share your thoughts...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

For me I have 2 hobbies. Aquarium keeping and guitar building restoration and repair. Neither of which have anything to do with money to me. The guitar thing is by far my favorite pastime & what I enjoy the most is not being on the clock. Being able to take all the time I want to accomplish something. I enjoy working and have built some pretty impressive things doing it but there it's a go go go hurry up this has to go on some impossible deadline & there is a lot of "good enough" move on. I have found that having a project going at all times plays a big part in my happiness. Hobbies are about having a passion in something I feel that is important for everyone.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

Well obviously playing guitar, bass & mandolin is my obvious hobby.
    I also do enjoy reading--fiction & non fiction...
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I do have a lot of hobbies. most involve money so I can only do it one at a time. Like guitars for now, after that, cameras and photography. I also do a lot of olympic lifting but that also requires time and money for gym memberships, dont know if that counts as a hobby but I do it for the fun of it, and I love being active. Same as playing basketball, volleyball, football (Soccer), and swimming. Im a very active person and I need to have something to do after work or Im gonna go insane.

Cool--lots of hobbies--even if they cost you money.

At one point I did want to get into photography--but don't really have a flair for it...