Thread: Time change

Time change

Every time the change between standard and daylight savings time comes up, I hear grumbling and muttering about it being time to give up on it.......But, as much as people like to complain, nobody's doing anything about it.

There are legitimate reasons why it would be beneficial to stay on standard time. Statistics confirm that car accidents spike after the time change, and it creates no end of confusion when one part of a country switches, while others don't.

The comment about cutting a foot off the top of a blanket and sewing it to the bottom to make it longer is an illustration of how nonsensical it is to keep doing the same thing over and over when there's no good reason to. It's time our leaders said enough is enough and put an end to this foolishness.

"I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I could do without it--the extra hour in the fall is nice, but still messes me up--the lost hour in the spring just plain sucks.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

I have a lot of trouble trying to regulate my sleep. The time change just makes it tougher.

Referring back to the subject of accidents caused by overtired drivers when the time changes.......Has anybody else wondered if the time change might have been a contributing factor in that mid-air plane crash over Ottawa yesterday?
    Last edited by spellcaster; 11-05-2018 at 10:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Personally I'm not against the time change but it weird now that it gets dark so early

It's dumb in my opinion.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

This is funny, because I actually did this when we changed times this year. My car clock's been an hour slow for months, and it's finally back to the right time.

I haven't changed mine yet
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.