Thread: Online surveys

Online surveys

Ever get emails inviting you to take online surveys? Do you just delete them or do you participate?

I got an email a couple of weeks ago asking me to answer a survey regarding the new car I bought a couple of years ago. The email said it would take about 20 - 25 minutes. I had other things to do, so I just set it aside. A few days later, I was bored, so I decided to answer it. It was pretty straightforward.....Mostly multiple choice questions and responses that required an answer on a scale of 1 - 10. I finished it and they were right....It took about 20 minutes.

Today. I got another request to take a survey, this time from Paypal. I'm generally pretty skeptical of any email from Paypal - Most times, it involves having to log in to my Paypal account, which I interpret as a scam or phishing expedition, so I just delete them. However, the email today seemed more genuine - No request to log in to my account, and it actually had my name on it. I decided to take it. Again, the email stated it would take 20 - 25 minutes. I started the survey, and answered questions about my age, my gender, and what province I live in. Then, unexpectedly, the survey said I was done and thanked me for participating. It took less than 60 seconds. I'm puzzled.....There weren't enough questions to provide any useful information.

It makes me wonder - Do they cut the process short because I'm old, or don't live in the US, or failed to meet some other criteria? I thought the reason for surveys was to obtain a cross-section of their customers, but it almost seems like they're cherry-picking who can participate. Weird.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Hmm, could be a scam, a glitch of some sort--or you just don't fit their demographic.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

Yeah that seems very very strange- maybe contact PayPal and see if it was legit?