Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marshall Origin 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I just got the call. I can pick up my Marshall head on my way home from work tomorrow! I'm so excited
    Hey, that's great. Probably will be a bit easier getting through the heat at work when you've got this to look forward to. HNAD!
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

I stopped at the music store on the way and picked it up. All the way home I was smiling with the anticipation of opening the box. Definitely looked the part when I did. So I hook it up and get playing and there is this annoying intermittent crackle right out of the gate. Changed my cord same thing. I was starting to get pissed off and really disappointed. Thought on it and remembered that I had used my old speaker lead so I swapped it with the new one that came with the amp & yeah it was fixed. All l can say is Marshall has done a great job nailing that Plexi tone. This is not high gain like a JCM. Its crisp with just the perfect amount of crunch & clear with where you can here all the notes. I will get an overdrive pedal for it just to push it over the edge for lead work. Sounds great with a Strat and absolutely killer with a Les Paul. I can tell already this amp is going to entertain me for a long time. Simple raw & just dam cool. I am so happy.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

awesome- congrats!

I stopped at the music store on the way and picked it up. All the way home I was smiling with the anticipation of opening the box. Definitely looked the part when I did. So I hook it up and get playing and there is this annoying intermittent crackle right out of the gate. Changed my cord same thing. I was starting to get pissed off and really disappointed. Thought on it and remembered that I had used my old speaker lead so I swapped it with the new one that came with the amp & yeah it was fixed. All l can say is Marshall has done a great job nailing that Plexi tone. This is not high gain like a JCM. Its crisp with just the perfect amount of crunch & clear with where you can here all the notes. I will get an overdrive pedal for it just to push it over the edge for lead work. Sounds great with a Strat and absolutely killer with a Les Paul. I can tell already this amp is going to entertain me for a long time. Simple raw & just dam cool. I am so happy.
    Awesome! Please post pictures!

A couple days in playing and I love this amp. I like to turn the master and gain wide open and control the volume with the guitar. The subtle overtones are amazing. Each power chord has a great trailing overtone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180725_160136.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	4283  
    Last edited by Keletcaster; 07-28-2018 at 12:06 AM.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

A couple days in playing and I love this amp. I like to turn the master and gain wide open and control the volume with the guitar. The subtle overtones are amazing. Each power chord has a great trailing overtone.
    I will check out youtube demos of this amp. looks interesting! Glad you are happy with it!