Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Origin 20.

Marshall Origin 20.

https://www.long-mcquade.com/99279/G...-20w-Head.htm#
    This week I put a deposit down in one of these heads. I'm not sure when I will see it as there is quite a waiting list for them. I've always wanted a Marshall Plexi and it looks like it will give me that flavor with blowing my walls down. I will tell you more about it when it arrives and I can experience it.
    Great Guitars Are A Formula Not A Logo.

20 watts can get pretty loud...
    hope you don't have to wait too long.
    I've been a pilgrim on this earth, since the day of my birth, I'm a long way from my home.

That's an interesting amp. To me, one of the downfalls of many lower-powered tube amps is the fact that they're combos, so you're tied to an 8" speaker. This head, at 20 watts. is just about a perfect size....almost Deluxe Reverb territory, but Marshall flavoured. The fact that you can mix and match cabinets is a bonus. Hope you enjoy, KC.
    "I know just enough to be dangerous....."

Yeah 20 watts should be able to power almost anything you'd need. My gigging amp is 38 watts and I leave the volume literally at around 1/10th power

This is really interesting!

I still like a tube amp, but I find myself not having a problem with my Vox AD50VT, which is pretty much a modelling amp. The only amp I want is a Bassman or even a custom one that incorporates whats good with a Bassman and the chime of a Vox, but the days of the high power, high wattage tube amps are gone anyway.. and the digital stuff is very appealing and I see myself owning a Kemper instead of buying a tube amp.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallintheblues View Post
    This is really interesting!

I still like a tube amp, but I find myself not having a problem with my Vox AD50VT, which is pretty much a modelling amp. The only amp I want is a Bassman or even a custom one that incorporates whats good with a Bassman and the chime of a Vox, but the days of the high power, high wattage tube amps are gone anyway.. and the digital stuff is very appealing and I see myself owning a Kemper instead of buying a tube amp.
    Hey if you are happy with SS, no need to switch...

Quote Originally Posted by die Bullen View Post
    Hey if you are happy with SS, no need to switch...
    Well, not head over heels happy, i must say, Im contented for what I have now. it sounds good, and my pedals sounds good through it, so I cant really complain.

I really like my Fender Super Champ X2 for it's Fender tones. The other stuff like the Brit tones are so so. Thats why I went for this particular Marshall. I will have both that and the Super Champ going through my single 12 Celestion cab with an A/B box. Kinda best of both worlds for a home amp. Nothing wrong with a lot of Modelling amps out there though. Many of them are more than gig ready. I think it's going to be pretty cool adding some Marshall flavor to this already great little set up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180616_122940358.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	145.5 KB 
ID:	4275  

I just got the call. I can pick up my Marshall head on my way home from work tomorrow! I'm so excited

Quote Originally Posted by Keletcaster View Post
    I just got the call. I can pick up my Marshall head on my way home from work tomorrow! I'm so excited
    wooohoooo! congrats!